Friday, April 13, 2012

Formation Weekend

Today I depart for Lenoir City for another weekend of formation, this one the final of two with His Excellency Bishop Joseph Martino, Emeritus of Scranton. It is regrettable, because if this month is anything like last month, I will greatly miss Bishop Martino and find myself hungering for more of his teaching on Church History. I really admire the holy commitment of this man to orthodoxy, and a willingness to stand up for, promote, and advocate for orthodoxy and for what we might call the Church's "big T" Traditional teachings.






Thanks to Scott Maentz for this great picture of Bishop Martino.

My allergies are really going haywire this week, so I really hope I can get to feeling a bit better through the weekend.



I am told that we may learn some more this weekend about what our summer service assignments will be. I am looking forward to mine, whatever it is, but I am a little nervous. I have no idea what it will be and I hope that whatever it is, the logistics work out. Then again, so far on this journey, the Lord has provided a way every time, and I know He will yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment