Friday, February 3, 2012

Formation Weekend

I am once again compelled to apologize for my lack of an entry in this space. There have breen many times over the last month when I had wished I could just put down what I was doing and make an entry here. I do hope that readers will forgive my intermittancy.

Nevertheless, I do try. One of the reasons that I haven't been able to post as much as I would like here is that my spare time is immersed in the academic study and scripture study side of formation. Fortunately for us, our next expected paper isn't due this weekend, but (unless the due date changes, which I am told that might actually happen) it will be due by e-mail in about two weeks-I want to be sure and have it done on time. At my last entry, I hadn't had occassion to begin my paper, and I can tell you that life got in the way. Meetings were called that I was not expecting, obligations presented themselves at times when I did not expect them to do so, and when you are told by your secular superiors "can you do this..." you really would rather not tell them no. However, I have had time to start it since then, and unless the flow of the paper changes between now and the due date, I'd say I am probably about half-way done, so I am pleased with that.

I am about to leave for formation as I write this. Last weekend, I was plessed to participate, along with the other two Aspirants in our deanery, in our first Deanery Formation Workshop. These workshops are really going to be a blessing, I believe. Not only did I come away with a better grasp of the material, but I met some of the other great Deacons in our Deanery.

More on that as I have time...for now, I am off to Lenoir City for Formation. As always, prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment